Spot Removal from Carpets
This spring my husband and I decided to repaint our downstairs. That turned out fabulous but when we were done I noticed my carpets looked awful! 5 years since our last cleaning, plus a child and 2 dogs had wreaked some havoc on the oatmeal colored fibers of our downstairs. I looked for a carpet cleaner and settled on A+. I called Mike and he came out the next day. I cannot believe the difference he made!! I just wanted them to look nicer and he honestly made them look almost new. We have since had friends over and have had a million compliments on the new wall cover and our "new" carpets! Thank you so much to A+ Carpet Cleaning!! We will be calling them again in a few months for some additional stain removal!!
I can't recommend Mike enough for carpet cleaning. He is a true professional, and you can tell that this is an owner-operated business. He takes his job very seriously, and is also very knowledgeable about the various types of carpets (and how to care for each type). We have a higher quality carpet in our family room, and he immediately identified that and took a different approach to cleaning it. Mike is very punctual, and does an efficient job. And I like efficient. Not too fast, cutting corners. Not too slow, where we have to leave the furniture out of place for an entire day. He strikes a great balance. We used one other carpet cleaning company in 2006, but have used Mike every year since. We have also recommended him to our neighbors. His prices are competitive as well. Finally, this year we had Mike come out and clean the air ducts and our tile (flooring and counters). He did a great job on both. It was amazing (and a little disconcerting) how much junk he sucked out of the air ducts (including cat and kid toys).
Jason R. - Tualatin
These guys did a great job on our carpets! Someone came out the same day I called and stayed late trying different products that would get out a couple stubborn dirt stains. The gentleman that came to our home was very nice and wonderful to work with! A few days later they even called to see if the rug had dried properly. Thanks so much for your outstanding customer service and a job well done! Julie S.
The simple answer is no. Dirt is an abrasive like sandpaper. Every time you step on your carpets you grind the dirt into your carpet fibers. This cuts your carpet just as if you had used a knife, causing it to wear out faster. A dirty carpet will not last nearly as long as a clean carpet. And while vacuuming helps it simply is not enough. The longer you wait to have your carpets cleaned the more damage you do to your carpet and the faster it wears out. So it may seem like you are saving money if you do not have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12-18 months as recommended, but in all reality you are extending the life of your carpets.
When you are in the carpet cleaning business you see a lot of "what it is not"while out cleaning clients homes. Here are some things we have learned over the years.
- Make sure the company is licensed, bonded and insured. If they are going to do carpet repairs or re-stretching make sure they are licensed with the construction contractor's board.
- Do your research before you call the company and see what kind of reviews they have online. A good source is Angie's List, Yelp and Google.
- Be sure that they use a truck mounted machine. This will allow your carpets to be cleaned at their best with hot water and good suction. It's also known as steam cleaning.
- Find out if they pre-spray the entire carpets before cleaning. We have found that some companies do not and others only do the high traffic area. Pre-spraying the entire carpets allows for the soil to emulsify and break apart leaving better results upon cleaning.
- Make sure they do an extra dry stroke after they do the hot water extraction. This will not only help for your carpets to dry quicker but will lend towards less wicking.
- Find out who exactly is coming to your home. With some of the large companies you are never sure who it might be. It could be someone they recently hired and may not have the experience needed to get your carpets cleaned at their best. Plus you want to trust who is coming into your home.
- Find out if there are any hidden charges that they may be telling you about. There is nothing worse than getting a quote over the phone only to find out it is more money when they arrive because of a certain treatment that is needed, for example.